Direct Care/ Caregiver
At Eastco Diversified Services, Inc. our mission is to support individuals with special needs in pursuit of homes, jobs and activities of their choice within our community.
Eastco is currently looking for several Direct Support Professionals (DSP) / Caregivers who are passionate about working with adults and seniors having a variety of disabilities in our seven group homes in the Portland/Gresham area. We are looking for full and part time, and offer many different varieties of schedules to cater to the intellectually and developmental disabled adults we support, each requiring different levels of care. Staffing is catered around the client’s needs which may include overtime.
Our DSP’s are paid to support individuals with their activities of daily living (ADL’s) which may include, but are not limited to, medication administration, and light housekeeping. As a DSP, you will be expected to assist in transportation of the individuals served while promoting community integration and independence by offering choices of preferred activities (i.e. bowling, picnics, trips to the zoo, going to movies, going out to eat, etc.), In addition you will assist in financial transactions, building social skills, and completing weekly, monthly, and annual ISP goals, and daily documentation requirements according to state, federal, and Eastco policies. Our DSP’s are expected to communicate with the individuals served in a respectful and “people first” language.
- Basic computer skills
- Prior Medical knowledge or the willingness to learn about diabetic care, seizures, catheter care, and/or feeding tubes.
- Knowledge of dementia and geriatric cognitive disorders recommended as varying amounts of help may be needed depending on an individual’s progression. This may include, but is not limited assistance with bathing, grooming, dressing and easting.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and work under pressure
- Valid Oregon Driver License and driving record acceptable to our insurance carrier
- Physical ability to perform job duties – limited lifting (35-50lbs), walking, physical exertion, and transferring may be required depending on work site
- Successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and a criminal history background check are required steps in our hiring process.
- Previous experience caring for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities
- Team Orientated
- Self Motivated
- Starting Pay is $15.00/hr.
- Benefit package for Full time employees includes: Medical, Dental, Short-Term and Long-Term disability and Life Insurance.
- Sick time for all employees
- Vacation time for all full time employees
We provide CPR and First Aid certification if needed upon hire; additional job-specific training is provided including use of Therap© software for online documentation and medication administration. Eastco also provides ongoing training during your employment!
We would be excited to have you be part of our growing team.
Thank you! If selected you will be contacted by phone or email within a few business days to schedule a meet and greet. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.